27 April 2008

My part-time job

A few years ago, I found a pattern for crocheted baby booties that resembled Christmas stockings. I thought I would try it out, and "tweek it" if I needed to, to create Christmas stockings for my family. The result was the set of stockings in the above picture (with Reagan's and Elijah's coming much later). I made five others for family members and, after making the last one with few problems, I was eager to make another one before I forgot how. . . Well, I didn't want to stop, so I didn't! Last night I completed un-spoken-for number five with the intent to sell them. I have been having fun dreaming up different designs and experimenting with different stitches. I'll keep going, and if you know anyone who is in need of a Christmas stocking, let them know I have some for sale. They only take me a week (except for the red one with the lacey cuff), and I can take requests.

2 comments:

Deon said...

Do you know about etsy.com? That is a wonderful website where people buy and sell homemade items. Check it out! We have a few sisters in the ward here who sell things there. Good luck!

The Youngs said...

I already tried to leave a comment but it wouldn't except my password. Anyway, your blog is great. It was fun to see pics of the kids and find out what you are all up to. Hope you can come to the family reunion. Everyone would love to see your family in person.
Love Grama B.