27 October 2008

Elijah's first birthday

Elijah turned one year old last Tuesday. We celebrated Sunday with family. Once again we lit the "first birthday candle." For my first birthday, my parents used a large white taper candle for on my cake. I don't know what the reason for that was but I liked the idea, so for Davis' first birthday we lit a large white taper candle on his cake. We kept the candle and used it for the first birthday of each of our children. Elijah enjoyed his birthday thouroughly. Can you tell?

2 comments:

Deon said...

Too cute!! Love the costumes, too.

Michelle Wright said...

Oh I'm such an awful aunt. I had his birthday written down for NEXT month. I'll take care of that this morning. and Happy happy birthday Elijah from your forever late Aunt Michelle. (With 13 nieces and nephews it's getting hard to remember without a calendar. If I could just get them written down right.)