20 January 2009

In a Tight Spot

Last night Elijah slept in the living room since we have been having a hard time regulating the heat in his room. He woke me this morning crying frantically. I went to get him but couldn't find him on his blankets. He was underneath the secretary desk and behind the box of canned goods we had stored there. His head was in the corner and he couldn't move an inch. A while later I stepped over some blankets in the boy's room to wake Davis for the day. I told him to step carefully since Reagan wasn't in his bed and must be somewhere on the floor in a pile of blankets. I figured Reagan must have fallen out of bed and lain where he landed. I folded several blankets but still didn't see him. I checked the front door a couple of times -- it was locked. Reagan must still be here. Did he go back to Maggie's room in the middle of the night? He had never done so before. I looked under his bed. On the second look, I found him, laying cross-wise to his bed and at the end of it.

2 comments:

Michelle Wright said...

Too funny. (Now) I've had those panics with Travis. Where is he? Where is he? Usually wrapped in blankets somewhere.

Lauren said...

Poor little Elijah! I think I would have laughed, but I'm sure that would not have been the right thing to do! Thanks for sharing