03 August 2008

Davis' scout camp

On July 21st I went to a week long scout camp. I got 3 merit badges and nearly finished 4 which I have to finish at home. We worked on emergency prep, wilderness servival, camping, backpacking, woodcarving, basket making, leather work, first aid, finger printing, enviromental science, orienteering, communications, and rock climbing. My favorite meal was potato dumplings, mashed potatos, gravy, and chicken nuggets. Conner made the gravy and he walked around telling everyone that he made the gravy. I told Deric, who was announcing the meal, to announce that "Conner made the gravy". Deric was named the troop "flipin' chicken nugget steeler". I slept in two different wilderness survival shelters, one that Dad made and one that I built with my friends, Luke and Seth. The one I made with Luke and Seth was built around the remains of an old deer shelter. I was in charge of Wednesday's campfire program. I had to shorten my plan since everyone was really tired from our five-mile hike that day. -- Davis

1 comments:

Michelle Wright said...

We need you to come down and help Mason get his scout stuff done. Glad you had a good trip.