Kent and I have discovered we are not the only "Kent and Terri Lyn (The other Terri spells her middle name with 2 'n's) Young" in the Spokane Valley. A couple months after we moved here we received a call from the sherriff's office informing us that they had recovered our Ford. Well, good for you, but we don't own a Ford. I can't remember the circumstances, but Kent (my Kent) called the other Kent to let him know of the mix-up and to keep an eye out for future mix-ups. This past May we received in the mail a graduation announcement. I opened it only to find that it was from somebody that we didn't know, a Kelly Young from Colorado. Kent has a cousin named Kelly and I had just figured the announcement was from her. We resealed it and sent it off to the proper Kent. Some time later, I saw on the hold shelf of our library a book tagged with my name on it. It was on a subject in which I was interested but I didn't remember requesting that particular book. Curious, I checked the printed part of the tag. It was for the other Terri. Today is Kent's (my Kent's) birthday. This week he opened, among several, one birthday card the signers of which he didn't recognize. Once again he had received mail intended for the other Kent, from Kelly in Colorado. I looked up Kelly's phone number and called her yesterday to make her aware of the mix-up. She laughed and said she and her Kent and Terri were just talking about it. They were visiting this weekend. I told her the reason Kent had opened the birthday card was because it was in a stack of cards intended for him since his birthday is Sunday. I asked Kelly when her Kent's birthday was. It was the same as mine. Too wierd! That's my birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Are you sure it's not just a case of Dr Jeckl and Mr Hyde? You might want to get you both checked by a REPUTABLE doctor! JK. A fun story. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Terilyn. Oh- it's so funny. Seriously, we'll have you over for a barbeque. And, the Ford story? I think I may know what that was about. We have more stories, I bet!!
The other Terri Lynn Young, wife of the other Kent Young in the Spokane Valley
Teri Lyn- I keep seeing my name on Freecycle now too!
Hope you guys are having a good school year so far!
other Terri Lynn Young
Post a Comment