22 June 2008

Camp Peine

Thursday afternoon we joined our congregation at the annual ward campout at Camp Peine in Idaho. We enjoyed beautiful weather. Reagan loved to lead me by the hand saying "See the water? See the water?" and take me down the road to the river. He really liked to play on the beach. We all dipped in the water; some dipped more than others since the water was very cold. The first day, Gunnar made a tepee out of some poles and rope. It was too cold and the mosquitos were too thick to make sleeping in the tepee an option. We used it to hang our towels to dry. Thursday night Kent led some children and one other dad in a backwards game of hide-and-seek called "manhunt" where one person hides and the rest of the group seeks. Saturday Davis and Kent joined the Scouts on a 25-mile bike ride. Kent spent much of his time talking with friends and whittling a chain link in a walking stick. The S'mores, hotdogs, bar-b-que sandwiches, and trail mix were all a hit. We slept well, even Elijah, packed like sardines in the tent. (About time for Davis to move out, we think.) A friend of ours had brought her Nikon camera and took some pictures for us with our memory card in. I love how they turned out.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm glad you guys went. We'd never go cuz Charlotte was so little and we're so paranoid about her sleeping. I miss the ward, though I heard they had a lot of changes in the boundaries. I need to see new pictures of Elijah. How's the heat treating you guys?

Robinson Duo said...

Hello! I saw your post on Deon's website so I followed you over to your blog. Wow your family has grown! You all look wonderful! -Dionne