I was in charge of presenting a small lesson during sharing time in July. The topic I was assigned was about how gospel standards are like a chain that secures us to Christ like an anchor's chain secures a boat in a storm. To illustrate, I cut out a cardboard "cliff" and wrote on it SIN. Then I made little "boats" out of leaf-shaped pieces of cardboard with air-filled water balloons attached to them. One of the boats was attached to a large rock by a chain of paperclips. To the rock I taped a picture of Christ. Using a sheet of cardboard labled "temptation" I showed the children how the boats were driven towards the cliff (it didn't matter to them that some even were blown off the small table upon which I had set up my presentation). Next I invited two children at a time to try to blow the anchored boat to the cliff using the "temptation" fans. They tried really hard (especially the eleven-year-old boys). I emphasised for them using the scriptures how Satan would use all he could ,"his mighty wind, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, . . . all his hail and his mighty storm" to get us to sin and to be destroyed, like a ship when it is dashed against a cliff; but how if they are anchored to Christ by keeping their gospel standards, they would be safe. "it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock. . ." I felt it was an effective demonstration and that it truly was the product of divine inspiration.
13 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment