I found this pontoon boat on Craigslist the other day. It was listed as a "One man inflatable fishing boat - $100". I called the lister up to give them some advice on relisting it as a "fly fishing pontoon boat" because, from her listing it sounded like a blow-up raft. She appreaciated the thought so much that she offered it to me for free if it didn't sell. Long story short- it didn't sell and I paid her $50 for this Buck's Bags 8' South Fork model with saddle bags, fins and oars (not shown). While cleaning it up I found an Orvis fly reel with really nice flyline (new price about $150) in the saddle bag. I called and told her about the reel but she said to keep it.
I later went to Goodwill to find a life jacket. I ended up buying a pump for $4, and 3 life jackets for $11.
I look at it as a small miracle, and can't wait to see what this was preparation for.
25 October 2009
The funniest thing happened on Craigslist the other day...
Posted by Kent and TerriLyn at 10:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment