30 June 2009

Vacation! . . . Had to get away!

We spent last week in Utah visiting Kent's family. His nephew entered the Missionary Training Center enroute to Nicaragua and Kent had the opportunity to see his brother for the first time in nearly four years.
It was a perfect vacation. We (our family, Kent's dad and brother and a nephew) camped, fished, and canoed in Cache Valley (leaving just in time to hear the severe weather warning of half-dollar-sized hail and 6o mph wind); Kent and Reagan both caught fish and I took many walks with Reagan and Elijah. We visited the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park, and the Hill Air Force Base Aerospace Museum. We threw around styrofoam gliders at the elementary school, had a bar-b-que, jumped on the trampoline, and sat on a porch swing. Kent and I also attended a session at the Ogden temple. On the way home we traveled through Idaho, stopping to see Kent's brother, Ryan, in Blackfoot and my brother, Jared, in Rexburg. Jared and his wife took me on a tour of BYU-Idaho which I had attended when it was Ricks. I have to admit, I can now call it BYU-Idaho. It has changed greatly since I was there. My eyes misted up when I entered the Eliza R. Snow Building. It hadn't changed at all and held many fond memories for me. I enjoyed the Benson gardens very much as well. Reagan said his favorite part was playing in the sandbox and catching a fish.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Um you were in Utah and you did not visit me! Looks like you had fun.